Broncs open MAAC play at Canisius Friday
GAME 6 – Friday, December 2, 2016
Rider Broncs (3-2, 0-0 MAAC) at Canisius Golden Griffins (1-4, 0-0 MAAC)
Location: Buffalo, NY – Koessler Athletic Center
Tip: 7:00 p.m.
Live Video – ESPN3
Live Stats – GoBroncs.com
Live Audio – 107.7 FM The Bronc
Twitter – Twitter.com/RiderAthletics
What You Need To Know
- Rider and Canisius are meeting for the 42nd time, with the Griffs owning a 32-9 lead in the all-time series. Canisius swept the series last year.
- Julia Duggan posted her 11th career double-double on Nov. 27 against St. Bonaventure. It marked the second time this season that Duggan has reached double-figure points and rebounds following a 12-point, 15-rebound performance against La Salle on Nov. 17.
- Canisius is 1-4 so far this season, having defeated St. Bonaventure, while falling to Northeastern, Akron, Saint Francis (Pa.) and Lamar.
- Rider is 3-0 when any of the following happen: score 70 points or more, lead at halftime or shoot a higher percentage than the opponent.
- Rider started the season 3-0 with wins at Princeton, vs. Lafayette and vs. La Salle. It was the program’s first 3-0 start in 34 years.
- Rider currently leads the MAAC in field-goal percentage defense (35.6 percent) and three-point field-goal percentage defense (21.9 percent).
- Led by freshman Stella Johnson’s MAAC-leading 4.0 steals per game, the Broncs lead the league at 11.2 steals per game.
- Robin Perkins ranks seventh in the MAAC at 14.2 points per game.
- Julia Duggan ranks seventh in the MAAC at 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Stella Johnson’s 52.3 percent shooting ranks third in the MAAC, while Julia Duggan is fifth at 51.2 percent.
- The Broncs were picked to finish 10th in the MAAC by the league’s coaches. Robin Perkins was selected to the Preseason All-MAAC Second Team.
- The Broncs are led by 10th-year Head Coach Lynn Milligan.