Broncs look for 2-0 start in MAAC play Sunday at Niagara
GAME 7 – Sunday, December 4, 2016
Rider Broncs (4-2, 1-0 MAAC) at Niagara Purple Eagles (3-3, 1-0 MAAC)
Location: Niagara University, NY – Taps Gallagher Center
Tip: 2:00 p.m.
Live Video – PurpleEagles.com
Live Stats – PurpleEagles.com
Live Audio – 107.7 FM The Bronc
Twitter – Twitter.com/RiderAthletics
What You Need To Know
- Rider and Niagara are meeting for the 44th time, with the Purple Eagles owning a 25-18 lead in the all-time series. The team teams split the series last year.
- Rider won its first league opener since 2002-03 with a 71-70 win at Canisius.
- Niagara is 3-3 so far this season, having defeated St. Bonaventure and their last two games against Cleveland State and Monmouth.
- Rider is 4-0 when it’s scored 70 points or more and/or led at halftime.
- Rider started the season 3-0 with wins at Princeton, vs. Lafayette and vs. La Salle. It was the program’s first 3-0 start in 34 years.
- Rider currently ranks second in the MAAC in steals per game (11.0 spg.), turnover margin (+2.7) and three-point field-goal percentage defense (.247).
- Freshman Stella Johnson has quickly filled the stat sheet, ranking first in the MAAC in free-throw percentage (.857) and steals (3.8 spg.), second in field-goal percentage (.558) and 12th in points per game (12.3 ppg.).
- Robin Perkins ranks eighth in the MAAC at 13.8 points per game.
- Julia Duggan ranks 12th in the MAAC at 6.2 rebounds per game and fifth in field-goal percentage at 51.2 percent.
- The Broncs were picked to finish 10th in the MAAC by the league’s coaches. Robin Perkins was selected to the Preseason All-MAAC Second Team.
- The Broncs are led by 10th-year Head Coach Lynn Milligan.
- Julia Duggan posted her 11th career double-double on Nov. 27 against St. Bonaventure. It marked the second time this season that Duggan has reached double-figure points and rebounds following a 12-point, 15-rebound performance against La Salle on Nov. 17.