Rider Faces Saint Peter's Thursday on ESPN3
GAME 18 – Thursday, January 19, 2017
Rider Broncs (12-5, 6-2 MAAC) at Saint Peter’s Peacocks (3-14, 2-6 MAAC)
Location: Jersey City, NJ – Yanitelli Center
Tip: 5:00 pm
Live Video – ESPN3
Live Stats – SaintPetersPeacocks.com
Live Audio – 107.7 FM The Bronc
Twitter – Twitter.com/RiderAthletics
- Rider and Saint Peter’s are meeting for the 62nd time, with the Peacocks owning a 44-17 lead in the series history. Of late, the Broncs have had success, sweeping the regular-season series in 2015-16. Last year, Rider won by one on the road versus Saint Peter’s in February and scored a nine-point victory at home.
- Last time out, Rider dropped an overtime thriller at home versus Fairfield. Trailing by one point with just over two seconds remaining in overtime, the Broncs ran a play for Kamila Hoskova and she saw her lay-up attempt blocked at the basket as the Stags capped their comeback win.
- For the first time in program history, the Rider University women’s basketball team was named to the CollegeInsider.com Women’s Mid-Major Top-25 Poll as announced by the committee on Tuesday, January 10. The CollegeInsider.com Women’s Mid-Major Top-25 is now in its seventh season of existence and is voted on by a panel of 31 coaches from across the country.
- Rider is 5-0 on the road in conference play this season, highlighted by a pair of one-point wins against Canisius and Siena . The Broncs have also scored double-digit triumphs versus Manhattan, Niagara and Marist.
- Rider is 11-1 when leading at halftime this winter. They had won their first 11 games before the Fairfield loss on Saturday.
- Two weeks ago, Robin Perkins sank a free throw at Siena for her 1,000th point at Rider. She is the 20th player in program history to reach the milestone.
- Julia Duggan recorded her team-leading sixth double-double of the season against Fairfield. She scored a season-high 21 points on 6-of-12 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds. Duggan also hit all nine of her free-throw attempts against the Stags. She has posted four double-doubles in a row in MAAC play.
- Rider currently ranks first in the MAAC in field-goal percentage (.433) and three-point field-goal percentage defense (.274). The Broncs are second in the league in scoring offense (69.0), scoring margin (+5.1), field-goal percentage defense (.384) and turnover margin (+1.00).