Rider Travels to Quinnipiac for a Saturday Matinee
GAME 19 – Saturday, January 21, 2017
Rider Broncs (13-5, 7-2 MAAC) at Quinnipiac Bobcats (15-4, 8-1 MAAC)
Location: Hamden, CT – TD Bank Sports Center
Tip: 2:00 pm
- Rider and Quinnipiac are meeting for the ninth time, with the Bobcats owning an 8-0 lead in the series history. Earlier this season, Quinnipiac handed Rider its first MAAC loss. The Bobcats defeated the Broncs, 91-79, in Lawrenceville in late December.
- Last time out, Rider scored a 56-43 victory on the road against Saint Peter’s in a game that was televised on ESPN3. A strong defensive effort led the Broncs past the Peacocks, as Rider forced 21 turnovers and held the hosts to just under 29 percent shooting (15-52).
- For the first time in program history, the Rider University women’s basketball team was named to the CollegeInsider.com Women’s Mid-Major Top-25 Poll as announced by the committee on Tuesday, January 10. The CollegeInsider.com Women’s Mid-Major Top-25 is now in its seventh season of existence and is voted on by a panel of 31 coaches from across the country.
- Rider is 6-0 on the road in conference play this season, highlighted by a pair of one-point wins against Canisius and Siena. The Broncs have also scored double-digit triumphs versus Manhattan, Niagara, Marist and Saint Peter’s.
- Rider is 12-1 when leading at halftime this winter. They had won their first 11 games before the Fairfield loss on Saturday.
- Two weeks ago, Robin Perkins sank a free throw at Siena for her 1,000th point at Rider. She is the 20th player in program history to reach the milestone. Perkins had a career game in the first meeting with Quinnipiac, scoring 33 points on 12-of-17 shooting. Perkins hit five shots from three-point range and grabbed five boards in the setback.
- Julia Duggan recorded her team-leading sixth double-double of the season against Fairfield. She scored a season-high 21 points on 6-of-12 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds. Duggan also hit all nine of her free-throw attempts against the Stags. She has posted double-doubles in four of her last five MAAC games.
- Head Coach Lynn Milligan picked up her 100th career win at Rider earlier this week against Saint Peter's. In a program that dates back to 1925, she is just the second coach to reach the milestone. She currently has the second-most wins in school history.
- Rider currently ranks first in the MAAC in field-goal percentage (.432) and three-point field-goal percentage defense (.274). The Broncs are second in the league in scoring offense (68.3), scoring margin (+5.5), field-goal percentage defense (.379), three-point field-goal percentage (.334) and turnover margin (+1.28).