Rider Hosts Manhattan on Thursday Evening
GAME 20 – Thursday, January 26, 2017
Rider Broncs (13-6, 7-3 MAAC) vs. Manhattan Jaspers (6-13, 2-8 MAAC)
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ – Alumni Gymnasium (1,650)
Tip: 7:00 pm
Live Video – BroncVision
Live Stats – GoBroncs.com
Live Audio – 107.7 FM The Bronc
Twitter – Twitter.com/RiderAthletics
Tickets – GoBroncsTix.com
-Rider and Manhattan are meeting for the 44th time, with the Jaspers owning a 29-14 lead in the series history. The two teams have split the season series in each of the last three years. The Broncs have won back-to-back games against the Jaspers after defeating Manhattan, 53-36, in early January on the road.
- Defense was the key for Rider in the first meeting between the two. The Broncs held the Jaspers to just 36 points on 25.5 percent (14-55) shooting. The 36 points were the fewest allowed by Rider under Head Coach Lynn Milligan. Junior guard Kamila Hoskova had a career-day versus the Jaspers earlier this month, scoring 23 points on 10-of-11 shooting from the field, while Julia Duggan added a double-double thanks to a 11-point, 15-rebound performance.
- Last time out, Rider lost to Quinnipiac, 79-53, in Hamden, Connecticut. The Bobcats turned a one-point deficit into a sizeable lead thanks to a 33-9 run stretching from early in the second quarter through the end of the third. In the setback, Robin Perkins scored in double figures for the fifth game in a row.
- For the first time in program history, the Rider University women’s basketball team was named to the CollegeInsider.com Women’s Mid-Major Top-25 Poll as announced by the committee on Tuesday, January 10. The CollegeInsider.com Women’s Mid-Major Top-25 is now in its seventh season of existence and is voted on by a panel of 31 coaches from across the country.
- Rider is 6-1 on the road in conference play this season, highlighted by a pair of one-point wins against Canisius and Siena. The Broncs have also scored double-digit triumphs versus Manhattan, Niagara, Marist and Saint Peter’s. The team had won six straight away from Lawrenceville in league play before Saturday’s setback.
- Rider is 12-1 when leading at halftime this winter. They had won their first 11 games before the Fairfield loss on January 14.
- Two weeks ago, Robin Perkins sank a free throw at Siena for her 1,000th point at Rider. She is the 20th player in program history to reach the milestone. She currently has 1,078 points as a Bronc.
- Julia Duggan recorded her team-leading sixth double-double of the season against Fairfield. She scored a season-high 21 points on 6-of-12 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds. Duggan also hit all nine of her free-throw attempts against the Stags. She has posted double-doubles in four of her last five MAAC games. No other Rider player has recorded a double-double in 2016-17.
- Rider currently ranks first in the MAAC in field-goal percentage (.428), three-point field-goal percentage (.336) and three-point field-goal percentage defense (.274). The Broncs are second in the league in scoring offense (67.5), scoring margin (+3.8), field-goal percentage defense (.383) and turnover margin (+0.58).