When Rider moved from downtown Trenton to the suburbs of Lawrenceville, the first building built on the old Pate Farm was the Alumni Gymnasium. The 1958 commencement officially opened the new building. The first basketball game was when Rider hosted Seton Hall in the 1958-59 season opener.
Over the last 20 years, the Rider men's basketball team has won 72 percent of its games in the usually sold out Broncs' Zoo, where fans are able to sit as close to the action as in any facility in the country, retaining the great home court advantage for the University's basketball, volleyball and wrestling teams.
Alumni Gym has gone through several renovations in its history with the most recent being in 2012. Recent renovations include the addition of a modern heating and air conditioning system, a drop ceiling with recessed lighting, a new sound system, and a new branding campaign to celebrate the history of the sports utilizing the facility and to reflect the official Rider Athletics logos.
Scheduling of the building for athletic activities or special events may be requested through the Rider Department of Auxiliary Services at 609-896-7700.