Broncs welcome Marist Saturday night
GAME 20 – Saturday, January 21, 2017
Rider Broncs (11-8, 4-4 MAAC) vs. Marist Red Foxes (6-13, 3-5 MAAC)
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ – Alumni Gymnasium
Tip: 7 p.m.
Live Video – BroncVision
Live Stats – GoBroncs.com
Live Audio – 107.7 FM The Bronc
Twitter – Twitter.com/RiderAthletics
Tickets – GoBroncsTix.com
What You Need To Know
- Rider and Marist are meeting for the 56th time with RU owning a 31-24 lead in the all-time series. Rider has won seven of nine meetings with Marist under Head Coach Kevin Baggett, including a 73-62 victory on Jan. 6 in Poughkeepsie.
- Rider is looking to snap a three-game losing skid, having fallen to Manhattan, Saint Peter’s and Siena in a five-day stretch Jan. 13, 15 and 17, respectively.
- Stevie Jordan compiled his first-career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds at Siena on Jan. 17.
- Jimmie Taylor posted his first-career double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds against Saint Peter’s on Jan. 15.
- Rider is 7-0 when holding the opposition to fewer than 70 points.
- Kahlil Thomas has a MAAC-leading eight double-doubles on the year, including career-highs in both points (24) and rebounds (14) at Manhattan. He grabbed his 600th career rebound at Manhattan and stands 52 points shy of 1,000.
- Jordan had dished out four or more assists in each of the last 13 games and 16 of 19 contests this season, for a MAAC-leading 5.7 dimes per game. His 12 assists against Kennesaw State tied for the most by a Bronc in at least 21 seasons.
- Rider had won five-straight games decided by three points or less prior to a 76-73 setback at Manhattan on Jan. 13.
- Norville Carey has compiled three double-doubles this season, including a 10-point, 10-rebound effort on Dec. 28 at North Carolina State.
- The Broncs are led by fifth-year Head Coach Kevin Baggett, whose teams have posted a 78-72 record and reached the MAAC Quarterfinals in each of his first four seasons in Lawrenceville. Baggett was the 2015 MAAC Coach of the Year.